Pages

Sunday 1 December 2013

we're all the chosen one

Through Wikipedia link hopping (how all great stories begin) I found the page describing the belief that you're the only one with consciousness and everyone else is almost definitely a robot. I made someone cry in primary school when I told her she was a robot and she was programmed to think otherwise but now I don't have to feel bad about it anymore because it has ITS OWN WIKIPEDIA PAGE.

There are two main types: metaphysical (you are a robot), and epistemological (you are a robot AS FAR AS I CAN TELL). I say robot but the actual term for it is 'philosophical zombie' or 'p-zombie' as all the cool millennium kidz say. Isn't SOLIPSISM incredibly selfish though? well YAH. Isn't it kind of stupid? YAH a bit. But can you disprove it? NAH.

SOLIPSISM is really cool because of how irrefutable it is. It sounds crazy I guess but so does the idea of an omnipotent embarrassing dad in the sky which we've taken to be pretty legit over the years. SOLIPSISM could even concur with religion - maybe our life is just one big, individual kobayashi maru programmed by the master computer GOD as an entrance test to the afterlife (James 1:12 - the proof is in the papyrus). The most sneaky thing about it however is that it gives everyone a reason to believe it. According to its postulate, YOU, the person reading this blog post, are the one conscious being and I'M the p-zom!! This is so embarrassing!! I'M the robot! (I struggle with captchas so it's a possibility).

I'd wondered why no one had written more on this decidedly rad meta topic (and why the wikipedia page was so scant of more info) but 'solipsiphers' probably didn't see the point writing for all us p-zoms. A bit unchill and selfish of them. We're all going 2 die 1 day anyway so let's listen to some jams about the inevitability of death

1 comment:

  1. this is so something typical of you to write i tried to think of an intellectual comment to make but i really haven't got it in me i'm too emosh

    regards
    Norstam x

    ReplyDelete